Monday, February 2, 2009

Update - Recognizable Changes Will Take More Time

I went for a follow-up appointment with the local medical magicians who are supervising the transformation of my eyelids to improve my vision. The correct medical terminology for the procedure is called a blepharosplasty.

Not a word you find yourself using in daily conversation isn't it? And while I prefer to call them magicians, they rely on their skill and experience and not mumbo jumbo or hocus pocus which I secretly desired prior to my scheduled surgery.

The follow-up this afternoon went very well and I'm scheduled for a second visit in a week or so to have all the stitches that were made to facilitate the transformation of both eyelids completely removed, an event that all-by-itself could justify some sort of celebratory libation.

Most likely I'll pass on any alcohol and celebrate soberly with a non-alcoholic beverage of choice. Perhaps I'll help my favorite local ailing corporate favorite Starbucks with a quick sale and kill off a pair of those two proverbial birds once and for all.

Should you be interested in reading more about what goes into a blepharoplasty click here.

(Edt. note: For all of those animal and bird lovers out there - about killing the birds, that's just talk. Birders are among my dearest friends and as very fond as they are of me, the truth is I don't want to put them in a position where they'd regretfully have to make a choice...)

2 comments:

  1. I hope you're recovering well...and that the world will seem bigger and even more beautiful with unrestricted vision.

    ReplyDelete